- How much does it cost to visit?
It's free to visit the DEAF CULTURE CENTRE.
- What types of payment does the gift shop accept?
MasterCard, VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and INTERAC (Debit cards)
- When did the DEAF CULTURE CENTRE open?
The DEAF CULTURE CENTRE opened at the historic culture, arts and entertainment Distillery District right in the heart of Old Town Toronto in the spring, 2006!
You can photograph the building and people within the centre but no photographs are allowed of the artwork.
- What's available to dine and shop in the area?
There are many lovely restaurants, art studios and shops within the Distillery Historic District where we are located. Check them out at www.thedistillerydistrict.com
- I see two names on the website, the DEAF CULTURE CENTRE and the Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf, what is the connection?
Group and School Visits
- How do I arrange a group or school visit?
- How much it does a guided tour cost?
Guided Tours are $8/ person (group tour minimum price $100).
Guided Tour Information in PDF (click here
- Do you offer refunds or cancellations?
Payment is on the day of the tour so there is no need for refunds if you take the tour. Cancellations are accepted up to 48 hours before the tour. This allows us to inform interpreters if they have been scheduled for the tour.
- When is the best time to visit?
We are open from 11-6 Tuesday through Saturday and 12-5 on Sundays. If you prefer to visit when the Distillery District is most alive and energetic with tourists and events, come on weekends and during the summer months. If you prefer to visit when it is more peaceful, come during the week and in the winter.
Jobs & Volunteering
- How can I find information on current job openings?
- Where can I find information on internships?
We have had summer interns in the following areas: archives, museum studies, curating, event planning, program co-ordinating, public relations, community liasing, ASL/English interpreting, fundraising/development and accounting.
Please contact us at email@example.com
- Where can I find information on volunteering?
Library & Archives
- What materials are available?
- When and how can I access them?
- Can I donate a book or other material to the Library & Archives?
We are always interested in new materials. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the material you wish to donate and we'll get back to you.
Membership & Donations
- Can I become a member on line?
- What are the benefits of becoming a member?
DEAF CULTURE CENTRE members receive many exclusive benefits including:
- Membership Card
- Invitations to bring a new guest to exhibition openings
- Invitations to Members Only events
- Subscription to our e-Newletter
- 10% discount at the SIGNature Gift Shop
- 15% weekday and 10% weekend discount at the Distillery District Restaurants*
- Preferred access to various workshops and classes
- Income tax receipt for the allowable portion of your donation
- Listing in the Centre’s Annual Report
- Library privileges
The Boiler House
Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill
- I lost my membership card, how can I replace it?
Contact us at email@example.com. Let us know what has happened and include your name and mailing address. If you became a member or donated $100 within the year we will mail you a replacement membership card.
There are many ways that you can donate. You can donate online here
, by mail or fax, and in person.
. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How is my donation/membership spent?
Your donations and membership fees help the DEAF CULTURE CENTRE to host ongoing workshops, school tours, classes, festivals, conferences as well as, permanent exhibits, special and traveling exhibits and special projects such as the ASL animated dictionary for children.
- Where do I find program information on the website?
- Who do I contact about programs?
- Do members receive discounts on programs?
No, members do not receive discounts on all programs but they do receive preferred access to our workshops and classes.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Question Parents Ask
- When are the programs offered?